Xiaomi entered the India smart television space not so long ago. Within a few months of launching its first Mi TV Xiaomi became the No 1 smart TV brand in the country. It still is. With the newly launched Mi Box 4K, Xiaomi now wants to deliver the smart TV experience to consumers with non-smart TV.
The Xiaomi streaming device is priced at Rs 3,499 and will compete with Amazon’s Fire TV Stick. The Mi Box 4K went on sale for the first time in green and orange zones across the country.
The Mi Box 4K can be connected to any television via the HDMI port to access streaming apps and services at up to 4K resolution. As said, it is a direct competitor to Amazon’s Fire TV Stick. The two streaming devices have similar capabilities with some differences here and there.
Here’s a detailed comparison of the two streaming devices — one from Xiaomi and one from Amazon — on the basis of their pricing and specifications.
Xiaomi Mi Box 4K Specifications
- The Xiaomi Mi Box 4K is powered by an Amlogic quad-core processor
- 2GB of RAM and 8GB of inside storage for apps.
- The system runs on Android TV 9 Pie – the present model for Android TV.
- The Google Play Store for Android TV which permits entry to over 5,000 apps and video games on the platform.
Interestingly, the Mi Box 4K additionally has a USB port that lets the system be used as a media play for native information, and a 3.5mm digital out socket to attach exterior audio system. You can play or stream information at as much as 4K decision on the Mi Box 4K. Since the system is box-shaped, you may want to position in on a table-top close to your TV.
Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K Specifications
- The Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K has a quad-core 1.7GHz processor
- 8GB of inside storage for apps.
- The system runs Fire TV OS – itself a forked model of Android.
- It has entry to a large assortment of apps and companies on the devoted app retailer for Fire TV.
- Although there aren’t as many apps on this platform, the important thing streaming companies and apps are current. Notably, the Apple TV app is offered on the Fire TV platform, however not on Android TV.
Unlike the Mi Box 4K, the Fire TV Stick is a dongle, and connects immediately into the HDMI port of your tv. This signifies that it may be hidden away behind your TV and draw energy from a USB port in your TV itself, making this an extra discreet kind issue. You cannot use the Fire TV Stick 4K as a media participant or join exterior wired audio gadgets, because the system has solely a single Micro-USB port for energy supply. You can stream at as much as 4K decision on the Fire TV Stick 4K.
Xiaomi Mi Box 4K vs Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K: Price and availability
The Xiaomi Mi Box 4K has the benefit right here because of its aggressive value of Rs. 3,499. This places it at Rs. 500 lowers than the common Fire TV Stick which is able to full-HD streaming, and far more reasonably priced than the equal Rs. 5,999 Fire TV Stick 4K. Although each gadget is priced properly, the sturdy pricing of the Mi Box 4K will tempt plenty of patrons away from the Amazon possibility.
The Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K is of course accessible on Amazon, however it can be purchased at choose offline shops together with Croma and Reliance Digital retailers. The Mi Box 4K can be accessible on Flipkart, the Xiaomi India e-store, in addition to Mi Home and Mi Studio shops, beginning May 10.