In Windows 10 operating system, it is required to enter your password every time you want to log-in to the system. While this is a good security measure, it can be annoying and not necessary if you are the only one using the system.
If you are looking for a way to by-pass or skip the login screen when you start your Windows 10 computer or laptop, there are the two easy-to-use methods that will help you do so. We have made a step-by-step guide to make it super easy for you to follow.
Method 1: Skip Windows 10 login screen with netplwiz
Command “netplwiz” could help to open user account settings dialog that is not shown in Control Panel.
1. Press Win + R to open Run box, and enter “netplwiz”. Click OK to open User Accounts dialog.
2. Uncheck “User must enter a user name and password to use the computer”.
3. Click Apply and if there is pop-up dialog, please confirm the user account and enter its password. The specified user will be used to automatically sign in Windows 10.
Restart computer and it will bypass windows 10 login screen and automatically login with user account you enter password for.
Method 2: Bypass Windows 10 login screen with local group policy editor
Similarly, you can type “gpedit.msc” in Run box to open Local Group Policy Editor, where you can manage all Windows system settings.
1. Click on Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Logon in the left window of Group Policy Editor.
2. In the right side, double click the setting “Don’t display the Getting Started welcome screen at logon”.
3. Check “Enabled” in pop-up dialog to bypass welcome screen when you start Windows 10 computer next time.